Now available THE PROMISE and A TWIST OF FATE

Sunday, December 6, 2009

December 6, 2009

I'm usually not the kind of person who gets nostalgic or waxes philosophic at the holiday season, but this year is different. I have a great deal to be thankful for. A week ago, my husband and I walked away from an auto accident that by all reason I shouldn't have. How I survived can only be chalked up to a miracle. And I'm not using the term loosely. The other car hit our car, a small 2002 Hyundai Accent, broadside. I was sitting in the passenger side, which was the side that was hit. The car was totaled. Granted, I spent over four hours in the hospital, and left after having glass extracted from my hand and bruised in places, I never thought possible. However, the operative word here is that I walked out of the hospital on my own two feet. It's over a week ago and I still feel awful, but the bruises and cuts will heal. And the pain will hopefully subside. All I can say is there has to be someone watching over me.

Actually, there were two imracles at play here. My husband didn't go with me in the ambulance, so I gave him my bag. He had called his brother figuring we'd need a ride home from the hospital. When he walked into the hospital, I asked him where my bag was. The look on his face said it all. I began to hyperventillate thinking about all the aggravation we'd have with identity theft, my pain increasing 100 fold. He had left it back at the acene of the accident on the lights they use for construction work at night. He had put it down to sign something. Again, I got a heavenly boost. My brother-in-law called the police precinct. They were able to get to the bag before it was stolen. Pretty heavy stuff.

I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment