Now available THE PROMISE and A TWIST OF FATE

Monday, March 29, 2010

Here's some more pictures of my trip to Hawaii. I'll be adding to them a little each day, if I can.
I took so many and it's so hard to choose which ones to show you.



This is some of the lava we walked on. At night we went into the crater of an active volcano and witness flareups in the distance. Of course we were armed with flashlights and umbrellas. It was very windy and rainy and the lava was slippery. I guess you do crazy things on vacation.
This wasn't where we walked, though. The slabs of lava we trod upon were not as level. We noticed that many people rebuilt their homes on the newly formed lava. Nice houses, too. Now, that's crazy, if you ask me.

This is another beach on the Big Island. Jones beach, it's not, but just as beautiful. But you swim at your own risk. The riptides by the Island can be treacherous.
This Obelisk was erected by some drugged out hippie some of the locals say. Draw your own conclusions.




On the Big Island, it so windy that the trees often grow sideways. I'll have a better example for you later. This a black sand type beach if I remember correctly. Much of the Island was created from lava flows.












This is one of the many Banyon trees.




This is a scene from Hilo which is normally rainy and was while I was there.







































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment