Now available THE PROMISE and A TWIST OF FATE

Sunday, May 13, 2012

To All Mothers



I want to wish each and every mother out there Happy Mother's Day. Don't let anyone tell you differently, but it's one of the toughest, yet most rewarding jobs in the entire world. Of course, unless you're James M. Cain’s, Mildred Pierce. (Perhaps seeing the HBO miniseries the night before wasn't helpful in celebrating motherhood.)

Being a mother is an awesome job. You have to make decisions for a human being that cannot fend for themselves. It's like a sculptor molding a lump of clay into an artistic piece of beauty. Sometimes the clay is easy to work with and sometimes it isn't. And sometimes we make mistakes and wrong decisions.

Children become our lives and because of them we strive to move mountains or try to create new ones. They define our days as they grow and we never stop thinking of them even after they leave the nest. I look back on my life as a series of vignettes starring my children. They have always been my main source of tears—both happy and sad, but I wouldn't be who I am without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment